114LCM Computerized Telescope
Automatically Locates The Wonders Of The Universe With Its Motorized System & On Board Computer! All glass, fully coated optics reveal the depths of our solar system and the wonders of the Universe. Fully adjustable tripod features a convenient accessory tray. Easy to use computerized hand control allows user to locate objects at the touch of a button.
Get the same star locating technology found on our observatory-grade telescopes at a price that fits your family’s budget with the 114LCM.
Locates objects for you
Leave the star maps at home; 114 LCM computerized telescopes can locate thousands of celestial objects for you automatically. To get started, just perform our simple SkyAlign alignment procedure by centering any three bright objects in your telescope’s eyepiece. From there, your LCM can calculate the time, date, and location and orient itself with the night sky.
Browse the hand control’s database and select any star, planet, galaxy, or nebulae in the database. Within seconds, your LCM centers it in the eyepiece and tracks it as it moves across the sky. Looking for something new to observe? Press the Sky Tour button and your LCM generates a list of the best celestial objects currently visible.
Precision optics for detailed views
With the largest optics in the LCM beginner telescope family, the 114LCM packs enough light-gathering ability to provide extraordinary views of all the best celestial objects. Explore our Solar System, from the moons of Jupiter to the rings of Saturn and beyond. Then venture further into deep space to view the Orion Nebula, Pleiades Star Cluster, and hundreds of other objects. You can even explore the craters of the Moon up close, with impressive detail.
Everything you need to get started
Even if you’ve never used a telescope before, Celestron makes it easy to get started with amateur astronomy. Your LCM telescope comes with an adjustable aluminum tripod, 2 high quality eyepieces, and a red dot finderscope. Plus, everything is backed by Celestron’s 2-year warranty.
To enhance your experience under the stars, download Celestron’s free SkyPortal app. Listen to hundreds of audio descriptions of the most popular objects on your iOS or Android device while you observe them with your LCM telescope.
Your 114LCM telescope can grow with you for years to come. Consider adding a Moon Filter or additional eyepieces as you progress with the hobby.
- Computerized telescope automatically locates thousands of celestial objects using the NexStar+ hand control.
- Follow the simple SkyAlign alignment procedure and you’re ready to observe in minutes!
- Large 114-millimeter Newtonian reflector offers the most light-gathering ability in the LCM telescope family.
- Not sure what to observe? Press the Sky Tour button and your telescope generates a list of the best objects currently visible.
- Comes with everything you need to get started with astronomy, including 2 eyepieces and a full-height tripod.
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture (mm): 114 mm (4.49 in)
- Focal Length: 1000 mm (39 in)
- Focal Ratio: 8.77
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 40 x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm): 9 mm (0.35 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 111 x
- Finderscope: Built-on StarPointer
- Mount Type: Motorized Altazimuth
- Accessory Tray: No Tool, Quick release
- Tripod: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 269 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 16 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.8
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.22 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.02 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 265 x
- Apparent Field of View: 1.6 °
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 84 ft (26 m)
- Optical Coatings: Fully-Coated
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Computer Hand Control: Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable
- Database: 4,000 Object Database