Omni XLT 114 AZ
New Omni manual slow-motion altazimuth mount uses worm gears for smooth easy tracking of celestial or terrestrial targets and slip clutches for quick and easy pointing. Quality optical components are fully coated using Celestron_s proprietary XLT coatings_the same ones found on our observatory-grade telescopes. Newtonian reflector offers a large 114 mm parabolic mirror for wide fields of view when used for both astronomical and terrestrial viewing. The mount_s single arm can be repositioned to point near the zenith for astronomical use or downward for terrestrial observing from a deck or window. Premium StarPointer Pro finderscope projects a dual-circle reticle instead of a simple red dot.
All-New Omni AZ Mount
For years, Celestron’s Omni equatorial mount has set the industry standard for elegant design. With this new addition to the lineup, our engineers have brought that same level of sophistication to an altazimuth mount. Designed from the ground up, it’s our best manual AZ mount ever.
Worm gears on both axes provide smooth, easy motion when tracking targets. Plus, you’ll find slip clutches in both axes for quick and easy pointing. A sturdy aluminum tripod anchors Omni AZ and stabilizes your images. Your Omni AZ comes together in just minutes with a simple, no-tool setup.
Stunning Views, Day to Night
Omni AZ is the ideal telescope for day-to-night observations. A dual-position arm can be raked back for pointing higher in the sky, or adjusted to point downward for viewing objects at or below the horizon. Perfect for balconies, high windows, and observation decks, Omni provides stunning views of wildlife, landscapes, and more. Plus, its beautiful design makes it a showpiece in any room.
High Quality XLT Optics
Celestron’s Omni family has always been synonymous with bright, clear views. You’ll find the same high quality optical components in our new AZ telescopes. All optical surfaces on the Omni XLT AZ 114 are fully coated with XLT optical coatings. This proprietary technology-found on our observatory-grade telescopes-ensures maximum light transmission and Omni’s signature crisp views.
This Newtonian reflector includes a parabolic mirror for images free of visual defects like spherical aberration. The 114 mm aperture provides enough light-gathering ability to view all the best celestial objects in the solar system and beyond. The telescope’s wide field of view allows you to appreciate extended objects such as the Andromeda Galaxy, Pleiades Star Cluster, or simply panning the Milky Way. Your Omni AZ telescope also includes a 25 mm Plossl eyepiece.
Locating Objects is Easier than Ever
From a perching shorebird to a distant galaxy, zero in on your subject quickly and accurately with our all-new StarPointer Pro reticle finderscope. Instead of a red dot, which can obscure your target, StarPointer Pro projects a dual circle reticle. Place your subject in the center of the circles, and you’re ready to view it with your Omni AZ telescope. It’s that easy.
- New Omni manual slow-motion altazimuth mount uses worm gears for smooth easy tracking of celestial or terrestrial targets and slip clutches for quick and easy pointing.
- Quality optical components are fully coated using Celestron’s proprietary XLT coatings-the same ones found on our observatory-grade telescopes.
- Newtonian reflector offers a large 114 mm parabolic mirror for wide fields of view when used for both astronomical and terrestrial viewing.
- The mount’s single arm can be repositioned to point near the zenith for astronomical use or downward for terrestrial observing from a deck or window.
- Premium StarPointer Pro finderscope projects a dual-circle reticle instead of a simple red dot.
- Omni XLT AZ 114mm reflector: Newtonian
- Aperture: 114mm
- Focal Length: 450mm
- Focal Ratio: f/3.95
- Primary Mirror Design: Parabolic
- Optical Coatings: Fully XLT coated glass optics
- Eyepiece/Magnification: 25mm Plössl (1.25”) / 18x
- Finderscope: StarPointer Pro red LED with dual circle reticle
- Other Accessories: SkyPortal app
- Resolution: Rayleigh: 1.22 arc seconds / Dawes Limit: 1.02 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power: 212x the unaided eye
- Highest Useful Magnification: 255x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 16x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.8
- Tripod: Aluminum, 49” max height
- Optical Tube Length: 18.5\"
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 13.2lbs
- Included Items: OTA, mount/tripod (preassembled), 25mm eyepiece, StarPointer Pro finderscope, accessory tray, SkyPortal app